The McMurry University Honors Program is a distinct track designed to enrich the academic experience of our most outstanding students. The program includes Honors-specific classes, travel and scholarship opportunities, and writing a senior-year thesis. Students studying any major and involved in any on-campus activity, including athletics, are encouraged to apply and join.
How to ApplyType of Student
Your Next Steps to McMurry
We evaluate students for admission on an individual basis. Each application is assessed based on academic merits (both high school grade point average and entrance exam scores*) and extracurricular activities. GPAs are recalculated for all students on a weighted 4.0 scale. Students are welcome to submit additional items such as letters of recommendation or essays, though these items are not required. This holistic approach allows McMurry to evaluate each student’s strengths.
* McMurry is a test-optional university. Just let us know if you would like to apply with or without submitting test scores on your application! We also know sometimes it’s hard to decide which option to choose, so students are able to change their selection even after applying.
Steps to Apply
- Fill out your free online application.
- Send in your High School Transcript and ACT or SAT scores*
- Check your status in your application portal within two to three days!
- Financial Aid Opens 10/01/2022
Starting on October 1, you’ll have access to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), a free online application that our Financial Aid Office uses to award certain financial aid. Submit this application as soon as you’re ready, and once you’ve been admitted, our Financial Aid Office will begin the process to award your aid!
- Early Action Application 12/17/2022
Apply and be accepted by our Early Action deadline to receive priority access to things like the housing application and financial aid notifications. You don’t have to be committed to McMurry yet, just be admitted!
Ready to get started? Click here to begin your free, online application.