Find your way back to McMurry University.

Institutional debt forgiveness may be available for students who were previously enrolled at McMurry but have not completed their degree. War Hawk Way Back is an innovative program to help you return to McMurry, reduce your outstanding balance, remove registration holds, and complete your degree. Learn more about the program, your eligibility, and how to apply below.

How to Apply and Gain Readmission

  1. Submit a War Hawk Way Back readmission application below.
  2. Once submitted, the registrar’s office will review your application and any holds. You will be contacted and advised.
  3. Reenroll in courses and your degree program. The registrar will provide advising or connect you with your faculty advisor.
  4. Once you complete a semester, a portion of your balance will be forgiven and posted to your account. Subsequent enrollment and semester completion is required to obtain the full amount of debt forgiveness.

Debt Forgiveness

Eligible students can receive up to $1,500 in institutional debt forgiveness. To receive the full benefit, you must complete 3 semesters with a satisfactory GPA. At the conclusion of each semester, $500 of debt forgiveness will be awarded. If you owe less than $1,500, your balance will be split into 3 equal sums and awarded at the end of each semester. Students who owe more than $1,500 can still receive the full debt forgiveness. If you owe more than $1,500 you will be advised of your payment options. McMurry cannot forgive balances accrued at other universities. Only prior institutional debt at McMurry is eligible for forgiveness. You can only receive the $1,500 debt forgiveness once. Students who stop out and reenroll are not eligible for additional debt forgiveness.


All returning students are eligible to apply for readmission. To qualify for debt forgiveness you must meet the following qualifications:

  1. You have not been enrolled at McMurry for at least two long semesters (Fall and Spring)
  2. Your unpaid balance or debt at McMurry is greater than $200.
  3. If your balance exceeds $1,500, you must arrange a payment plan with Student Accounts to account for the remaining balance.
  4. You must maintain good financial standing during your enrollment. Any new costs incurred from reenrolling must be covered.
  5. You must pass your courses for three straight semesters to receive the full tuition forgiveness benefit.

Contact information

To learn more about the War Hawk Way Back program either submit an application or contact the¬†registrar’s¬†office directly.