McMurry 100+ Centennial Recognition
The McMurry 100+ is a select group of individuals who without their influence, McMurry would not be here to celebrate its centennial, or whose influence has established McMurry as a recognized leader in private higher education.
Nominations will be submitted to honor individuals who without their influence, McMurry would not be here to celebrate its centennial, or whose influence has established McMurry as a recognized leader in private higher education.
All selected to be entered onto the list of the McMurry 100+ will be honored on campus during homecoming (if living) and will be featured through multiple mediums, such as the Centennial website, social media, and the digital honor board.
- Faculty, staff, trustees, donors, alumni, volunteers, and students may be nominated.
- In addition, groups/organizations may be nominated.
- Nominees may either be living or deceased.
- Current employees and trustees of the university are not eligible.
- All nominees must demonstrate high ideals and integrity.
- All nominations must provide evidence of the nominee’s service to the university.
Selection Process and Timeline
- Nominations gathered. (January-August 2022)
- Centennial Steering Committee reviews all nominations and narrows list. (September 2022)
- Cabinet reviews nominations and either confirms or edits list. (Oct. 2022)
- Executive Committee reviews list for submission to full board. (Nov. 2022)
- Board of Trustees votes on final list (December 2022)
- Biographical sketches and photos compiled (Spring 2023)
- McMurry 100 introduced at 2023 commencement (May 2023)