Greetings from the McMurry University Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry. Our faculty and staff are dedicated to helping you acquire the knowledge and skills to pursue a wide range of options upon graduation: research and development in private industry or government, teaching secondary school students, or continuing to graduate or professional studies en route to a career as a pharmacist, physician, dentist, professor, attorney, engineer, healthcare administrator, executive or entrepreneur.
Explore all the department has to offer. Then join us as we explore the science of energy and matter and contribute to scientific discoveries that improve quality of life for people around the world.
The McMurry Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry is led by faculty who are researchers in fields like organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, chemical education and biochemistry. The faculty seeks opportunities to get undergraduate students involved in both the academic and laboratory aspects of chemical and biochemical research.
The McMurry Science and Mathematics Advisory Board offers advice, sponsors educational projects, helps recruits students, and funds activities that benefit McMurry, its faculty and students.
The advisory board works to:
- Promote McMurry and improve the quality of education received by students through programs and projects that enhance science and mathematics
- Increase the flow of innovative ideas to the administration and faculty by scientists, mathematicians and the community
- Involve supporters of the science and mathematics departments in shaping the future of McMurry’s science and mathematics programs
- Promote and coordinate recognition of science and mathematics alumni who have demonstrated outstanding success and leadership in their professions
- Participate in revenue generation for specific projects/needs for the science and math departments