Greetings from the McMurry Department of Kinesiology and Health Fitness. Here, we explore the amazing human body and how complex movement impacts overall well-being. As a kinesiology student, you’ll gain knowledge of anatomy and physiology, psychology, exercise science and statistics, chemistry, physics, nutrition and more. A B.S. degree in the kinesiology field of study will put you on track to help others of all ages and abilities, whether the objective is to attain better health, improve mobility and optimize athletic performance.
McMurry’s faculty and staff are well regarded in the field and bring a wealth of knowledge and experience as researchers, scientists, clinicians, coaches and fitness experts. Through a robust curriculum, immersive coursework and community-based service, you will experience all that kinesiology offers to promote physical, spiritual and emotional health.
The McMurry Human Wellness and Health Sciences Advisory Board offers advice, recruits students, sponsors educational projects and helps the Department of Kinesiology and Health Fitness retain their values and mission throughout all educational study. They fund activities that benefit McMurry’s faculty and students.
The Advisory Board works to:
- Promote McMurry University and consistently modify and improve the quality of education received by Kinesiology and Health Fitness students.
- Actively increase the flow of innovation to the administration and faculty by connecting with scientists and kinesiologists in our community.
- Involve department donors and alumni in shaping the future of McMurry’s human wellness and health sciences programs.
- Promote and coordinate recognition of alumni who demonstrate outstanding success and leadership in their professions, in order to encourage current students.
- Participate in fundraising for additional projects or needs for the Division of Human Wellness and Health Sciences.