To positively impact the lives and attitudes of incoming students by providing opportunities to grow and learn in a fun and healthy atmosphere which will aid in the transition to college life and give them the best opportunity to be a successful part of the McMurry family.
- Facilitate a positive, welcoming environment
- Provide opportunities for fun and friendship
- Learn team-building skills
- Promote campus involvement
- Introduce McMurry history and traditions
- Create bonds that will last throughout college
- Be a mentor and source of information throughout the year
What to Expect
War Hawk Welcome Week is a four-day, extended orientation program facilitated by the Orientation Leaders—upper-class students. This is an exciting time, immediately before school starts, for the freshmen to get to know one another, make connections with upperclassmen and other students in their residence halls, get familiar with McMurry, and have fun!