Get a Head Start on Your College Career
McMurry University provides Lift Off, an exciting summer opportunity to prepare incoming STEM students for academic success.
Lift Off is a three-and-a-half week residential summer bridge program for STEM majors. Participants earn three credit hours for an engineering-focused precalculus class and three more for their First-Year Seminar during that time. Courses and projects are paired with peer-assisted learning and mentoring in a living and learning community.
- Begin taking college classes on campus in July before Fall classes begin – complete two courses for a total of six credit hours.
- Receive guidance from an academic coach, peer-leaders, and faculty who are focused on your success.
- Project-based learning in a living and learning community gives you a chance to meet new friends while you participate in an experience that integrates academic and social activities.
Transitioning to College
The Lift Off program provides:
- A Head Start – Begin taking college classes on campus before Fall classes begin. Complete two classes for a total of six credit hours.
- Support – You will receive guidance from an academic coach, peer-leaders, and faculty who are focused on your success.
- Engagement – Project based learning and a living and learning community give you a chance to meet new friends while you participate in an experience that integrates academic and social activities. You can share your success with family and friends at a celebratory event closing the program.
- Summer Financial Aid – Assistance may be available to families who qualify for federal or state aid. Participants should plan on completing the FAFSA or TAFSA to explore eligibility.
Students participating in the 2023 Lift Off program will have minimal costs.
|Meal Plan, activities, and learning materials||$550|
|Total Cost per student:||$550|
Note: Students participating in the Lift Off program should plan on submitting the FAFSA for the 2022-2023 academic year to be considered for summer financial aid.
Ready to Apply?
Applying to the Lift Off program is easy. You will have an academic coach who guides you through the process and answer your questions. The Lift Off program application will open March 1 and the deadline to apply is June 30.