Purpose of Brady Cox endowment funds: Endowment funds should be used to fund activities that enrich the education of Pre-Health Professional students, with the goal of broadening experience and preparation for a successful future as a health care professional. The maximum award is $250.
What is covered by endowment funds?
|Registration fees (Conferences, symposiums, etc.)||Auto (Car rental, parking)|
|Lodging expenses (hotel, Airbnb)||Meals (breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner)|
|Car expenses (mileage, Uber, Lyft, taxi)||Travel (airfare, luggage)|
Who is eligible? Students who are working with a faculty member to complete a Pre- Athletic Training, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Dental, Pharmacy, Medical, or Veterinary track according to the McMurry Catalog. Students who have an interest in pursuing a health-related profession are also eligible to receive endowment funds regardless of their major.
How will funds be disbursed? Depending on the type of expense:
- The supervising faculty member may use their credit card to cover expenses up to the total amount awarded.
- If the student incurs the cost and exceeds the amount awarded, the supervising faculty member may request a reimbursement check for the student in the total amount awarded.
- If the student incurs the costs and spends less than the amount awarded, they may be reimbursed up to the amount spent.
- The student and supervising faculty will work together to collect and document all expenses to be reimbursed up to the total amount awarded.
- Determine eligibility. (see Who is eligible? above)
- Download the Application form, fill it out with as much detail as possible and return to supervising faculty member.
- The supervising faculty member will notify student of approval and determine the best way to distribute funds and incur expenses.
- Once the activity or trip is completed, the student is responsible for completing:
- Thank You card for the Brady Cox family. Cards can be picked up and dropped on in the STEM Student Success Center (Old Main South).
- A brief reflection (typed) answering the following prompt: Please explain what you learned by participating in the event you recently attended? How did the Brady Cox Endowment funds play a part in making your experience enjoyable?
Both the Thank You card, and reflection page are to be turned in to the STEM Student Success Center located in Old Main South. You may email the reflection page to email@example.com.