The mission of the McMurry Career Development Center is to provide a supportive environment for McMurry students and alumni to engage in individualized career exploration and planning that complements their academic experience and supports their professional goals. McMurry CDC is committed to serving the diverse campus community and alumni with sound knowledge and supportive enthusiasm for academic, career, and personal development leading to careers that reflect their values and lead to lives of leadership and service. It also provides opportunities for employers to have access to bright talent through campus events and online resources.
Services and Events
- Major field of study and Career Guidance
- Students uncertain of which major to declare
- Part-time work while attending classes
- Graduates about to enter the workforce
- Preparing for graduate school
- Alumni seeking employment or career change
- Alumni Career Networking
- Business Etiquette Dinner
- Graduate School, Virtual, Part-time, Internship, and Teacher Job Fairs
- Class Presentations and Absent Professor Program
- We offer a variety of presentations covering various career-related topics including Resume and Cover-Letter Writing, Networking Basics, Business Etiquette and Successful Interviewing Techniques. If you are interested in scheduling a presentation for your class, please call Lexie Lee at 325-793-4982 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All student employment at McMurry University (with the exception of two areas) is administered through the Work Study program. Students compete for work study positions via online application and are interviewed and selected by department supervisors.
Handshake is the leading software platform for managing a career-focused connection between students, faculty, experiential learning sites, and employers. Handshake provides a host of resources, communication tools, and virtual career and graduate school fairs.
Focus 2 Career
A Career, Major and Education Planning System.
Glassdoor is the worldwide leader on insights about jobs and companies.
National Association of Colleges and Employers
Established in 1956, the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) is a professional association that connects over 13,000 college career services professionals, university relations and recruiting professionals, and the business solution providers that serve this community.
Salary Calculator and Compensation Data Center
The leading salary data resource for compensation consultants, HR Generalists, salary experts, and thousands of U. S. Colleges.
Resume Writing Tips
Your resume is your greatest marketing tool. It is your personal marketing brochure. A great resume communicates a compelling reason for the prospective employer to need and want your services. It will enable you to present your qualifications to potential employers, and get an interview.
iGrad is a financial literacy program geared for higher education students, but useful for everyone. iGrad’s award-winning curriculum educates students on federal student loans, payment options and plans, and consequences of default. iGrad also educates administrators on the latest news in student loans, career development, and personal finance. Courses on iGrad include topics like budgeting, scholarships, managing debt and investment. iGrad contains useful tools like tracking loans, setting budgets, and searches for jobs and scholarships.