The first student housing on campus when McMurry opened its doors was Hunt Hall, which housed all female students. President Dormitory was completed in 1926 and renovated and expanded in 1947. Subsequent renovations have taken place over the years. A popular gathering place for female students, President Dormitory was structured with kitchen facilities and a large lobby on the first floor, small gathering spots on the upper two floors, and a second story roof accessible from the large windows on the central back side of the second floor. Coeds in the 1960s-1980s often found the roof a convenient location for sunbathing on warm spring days. The location provided privacy from passersby on the ground, but the viewing of young coeds in swim attire was a favorite pastime of male students in the upper floors of Gold Star Dormitory. President Dormitory currently houses administrative offices, and during the Garrison Campus Center construction, it also houses the campus post office and spirit store.